- What is BROKE LA?
BROKE LA, formerly BROKECHELLA, is our city’s “Discovery” festival, showcasing the very best of what’s next. In addition to being a multi-stage music and arts event, BROKE LA’s activations include film, comedy, vendors, innovation, and more, all for less than a tank of gas. In the last year alone, our alumni have gone on to the official Coachella bill, their own HBO show, and even the newest cast of SNL. We say it because it’s true- The Next Big Thing Starts Here.
- Where/When is the festival?
For the first time ever, BROKE LA will be the weekend BEFORE Coachella in early April, in Los Angeles. Venue and Exact date will be announced soon.
- How many people come each year?
Approx 6000 people partied with us in 2016. We are expanding our capacity this year.
- Who produces the event?
cARTel: Collaborative Arts LA executive produces this annual festival as well as dozens of immersive, experiential events throughout the year. Learn more about cARTel, or hire them to produce your next experience at wearecartel.org. BROKE LA is produced in collaboration with associate producers Brownies and Lemonade and Shifty Rhythms.
- When do tickets go on sale?
Tickets will go on sale in February 2017.
- When will the line up be announced?
Line up will be announced in February 2017.
- What if a performer I want to see cancels?
We try our best to notify all attendees of changes and/or cancellations well in advance, however all events are subject to change at any time without notice. There are NO TICKET REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES, even in the event of an artist cancellation.
- Will I be filmed or photographed?
Attendees consent to BROKE LA’s use of their image or likeness incidental to any video display, transmission, or recording of the event.
- Is there a place to store my bike?
No. Due to space limitations, we encourage attendees to take public transport, LYFT, or drive.
- Can I bring my dog to BROKE LA?
Yes! All dogs must pre-register before the fest. More information about how to register your dog and our dog policies is coming soon.
- Can I bring my camera to BROKE LA?
The only type of personal camera allowed at BROKE LA is a cell phone camera. All other cameras are classified as professional and must registered and tagged by the press department upon entry. Professional cameras are defined as point/shoot, flip vid, go pro, and anything with removable lens. If you want to bring a professional camera, you will have to register it on site.
- Can I bring my large backpack/purse to BROKE LA?
No, you can not bring overly large backpacks or purses. All bags will be searched at the door.
- What else is not allowed at BROKE LA?
- No outside food or drink;
- No weapons of any kind, such as swiss army knives, guns, switchblades, or anything that could be considered a weapon by our security team;
- No drugs;
- No selfie sticks;
- No large backpacks or purses.
- Large cameras should be tagged @ check-in. (Stay tuned for more information regarding this process).
BROKE LA is not liable for any theft, loss, or damage of personal effects or equipment at the festival.
- Is BROKE LA wheelchair accessible?
Yes! We will have 2 wheelchair accessible bathrooms on site .Every effort is made to ensure the majority (if not all) of our festival experiences are safely accessible.
- Are drinks/food/water allowed into BROKE LA?
No. The only attendees allowed ins-and-outs are those who have pre-registered for BARK LA. The exception is to allow dog parents to drop their pup off at home and return to the festival as needed. More information about that process will be available soon!
- Are there in and outs?
No, unless you are bringing your pet dog and have registered it. More information about that process will be available soon!
- Can I smoke at BROKE LA?
Smoking is available in designated areas only.